Our History and Mission
The SFILG was established in the 1980s as an organization dedicated to creating and fostering cooperation and the exchange of information between federal contractors in the Southeastern Region of Florida and the OFCCP, the EEOC and other federal and state agencies focused on affirmative action and equal employment opportunities.
The SFILG is a local affiliate of the National Industry Liaison Group (“NILG”), the mission of which is to promote Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity by working closely with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, related administrative agencies, and local and regional ILGs to:
• Advocate the positions and viewpoints of our constituents
• Help Influence regulatory and legislative outcomes
• Educate our constituents on developments regarding equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and related regulatory changes.
In 2009, the SFILG formalized itself as a Florida not-for-profit corporation and adopted formal Bylaws defining purpose and the leadership structure for the organization. The purpose of the SFILG, as reflected in its Bylaws, is:
• to encourage and promote the voluntary exchange of information within the federal contractor community of South Florida relating to equal opportunity and affirmative action compliance;
• to educate members on current issues and requirements relating to equal opportunity and affirmative action through information sharing and guest speaker presentations;
• to maintain ongoing contact and a positive relationship between the South Florida contractor community and representatives of the OFCCP and other governmental compliance agencies; and
• to provide a voice for industry to inform and address issues of concern about affirmative action compliance.
In 2009, the SFILG also implemented this new website in order to better facilitate the sharing of information between SFILG members and ensure that the SFILG serves as the premier organization for networking, education and advocacy within the South Florida contractor community. We hope you find the information and opportunities available on this website to be useful.